Sometimes I fantasise about having a career change. Sure, I love teaching and mothering, but occasionally I dream of becoming….
… an Uber driver.
Why on EARTH?!?!
Well, I've been reading a lot about side-hustles lately.
I feel my current skill set is perfectly aligned with the job. After all, I practically drive an underage Uber now, only I don't get paid. Why not cash in?
Here's a short list of reasons Uber driving appeals at this junction in my life:
- If someone pukes in your car, they pay you $50. Actually I'm not sure about this, but if I remember correctly from my youth, that's what the deal is with taxis. PS: So I was told by a friend.
- No one is going to spill a bag of popcorn/puffed rice/grapes all over your carpet the day after you vacuum your car.
- Uber passengers wouldn't hit each other in the face with iPads.
- I could listen to much better music and sweary radio stations with adult passengers.
- People could fasten their own seatbelts.
- Uber passengers wouldn't dump Shopkins, Lego, tiny plastic dinosaurs or Care Bears in your car.
- They also don't put their windows down and yell random things at people waiting at bus stops.
- They wouldn't ask me to pull over on the side of the highway so they could do a "bush wee".
- I'd have a chance at finding loose gold coins between the seats. As opposed to boogers.
- Paypal dollarz!
But alas, Uber is a pipe dream for me. After all, where would I put the baby?
I'm asking you: What's your fantasy job that you'll never actually do?